Do you know how to react if sexual abuse occurs to a child in your care?
Whether you work with children, are a parent, or are simply a member of a community, it’s a strong possibility that you know someone who has suffered from child sexual abuse.
The hard truth is that sex abuse is happening in your community, but you can empower yourself and your organization with the tools to recognize abuse, react to it, AND take steps to prevent it from happening.
What is Stewards of Children?
- A proactive answer to child sexual abuse prevention.
- A training program that incorporates a combination of survivor stories, expert advice, and practical guidance.
- An evidence-informed prevention solution that shows organization administrators, staff, and volunteers how to implement effective prevention policies, recognize the signs of sexual abuse in children, and react responsibly if abuse occurs.
Why choose Stewards of Children for your organization?
Stewards of Children was developed to meet the needs of a variety of organizations. Training addresses:
- Prevalence and consequences of child sexual abuse for communities and organizations.
- What situations create the risk for abuse.
- Practical strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse.
- Behaviors and grooming techniques practiced by perpetrators.
- How to intervene and react responsibly if warning signs appear or abuse is discovered.
What Outcomes Can Be Expected After Training?
- Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences and circumstances of child sexual abuse
- New skills for adults to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse
- Proactive, positive change to organizational policies and procedures
- Individual commitment to action via a personal prevention plan
What is involved in the training?
- Two-hour training led by Darkness to Light facilitator David Fishman.
- DVD presentation with commentary from sexual abuse survivors, experts in the field and concerned adults.
- Facilitator-led discussion emphasizing important issues in prevention within the community and organizations that serve children.
- Interactive workbook facilitates discussion, reinforces key concepts, and serves as a resource and personal action plan for resolving child sexual abuse.
The Stewards of Children curriculum has been shown to increase knowledge, improve attitudes, and change participant’s behavior over the long-term. In just two short hours, your organization can have the tools necessary to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.